Welcome to my new blog! If you've followed my other blog for a while, you know I am prone to pontifications mixed in with my family news and pictures. I've decided to archive all my "thinking out loud" pieces from the past here, and put all my future ones here as well. Looking for family news & photos? Check out Moments at the Manse.

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

He Gently Leads

I read this chapter this morning after solving several “calamities” that arose since I overslept and my baby woke up earlier than normal. I had never before really seen what God seems to be saying here. He gives special attention - he gently leads - “those that are with young.”

Have you ever sensed God was especially near as you are just going about your daily activities - diaper changing, feeding, endless laundry and negotiating between siblings? Have you ever had moments of worship as you watched your children playing, singing, praying, or sleeping? Have you ever taken a breath and thanked God for the strength to keep up with your family? I have. It's not because I've been fasting and praying, and having overwhelming, inspirational, hour-long devotions everyday! It just must be because God gently leads those of us who have young children.

At times I have an overwhelming sense that God is helping me here in the daily routine. It’s not to my credit the day is going so well, or that plans are falling in to place! He’s gently leading me!

I’m so thankful for his Divine hand that guides and I’m eternally grateful that he gently leads you and I to know Him better.

2 comments:

  1. I love this verse! I'm so glad you started this "thinking out loud" blog. You make me think too (and sometimes I forget to think, so this is good ;)).

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really nice. I have been encouraged many times, and even convicted at times, with what you have to say, so I too enjoy your "thinking out loud"!!! Keep it up, and may God bless you and continue to lead you and strengthen you as you work for Him at home, and in the community.

    Esther

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments are welcome - I'd love to hear your response to my writing - even if it's negative - as long as it's nice! :>) Thanks for signing your name to your comments as well.