Welcome to my new blog! If you've followed my other blog for a while, you know I am prone to pontifications mixed in with my family news and pictures. I've decided to archive all my "thinking out loud" pieces from the past here, and put all my future ones here as well. Looking for family news & photos? Check out Moments at the Manse.

Friday, February 27, 2009

Pastor Darrell

I've called him that, Gracie and Darrell Lee have even called him that - in a last ditch effort to get his attention, or just because they've heard other people call him that all the time. And a whole lot of people in our part of town call him that too.

We share our "honey" and "daddy" with a whole lot of people. It's part of the territory that is pastoring. Thankfully, Darrell places a very high priority on our spiritual, physical and emotional welfare and he is generous with his time for us.

We love to spend our Mondays together, and any evening when something else isn't going on - its "family time." He doesn't do anything "for him" to speak of. He works for the church tirelessly (I joke that he refuels in flight, unlike his wife), but when it comes to his children, is never to worn out to have a little game of Sword Fight, Wrestle or Find the Tiger.

He also diligently instructs our children when he is home, giving me a break from the discipline, teaching them scripture and encouraging them toward God. Each night he can be found on the couch with two or three wiggling children talking about God and each morning he can be found walking and talking to God about us, as well as many other people. He's a selfless leader of our home. I'm pretty sure I'm the most blessed lady in the world to be married to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments are welcome - I'd love to hear your response to my writing - even if it's negative - as long as it's nice! :>) Thanks for signing your name to your comments as well.